A tasting of sparkling wines produced using the ancient "pétillant naturel" method; endowed with a naturalistic soul and authentic character, these sparkling, naturally turbid wines (deposits of their own yeasts) are back in vogue. Surprising with a soft effervescence and typical aromas of yeasts...
- SHOOTING STAR PET NAT
- TASTING OF 4 DIFFERENT TURBID PET NAT WINES
- HISTORY AND ORIGIN OF THE ANCESTRAL METHOD
- DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CLASSIC, CHARMAT AND PET-NAT METHODS
- PET NAT WINES FROM SOUTH TYROL TO SICILY
- PRIVATE ENGLISH SPEAKING SOMMELIER
|Participants||da 3/8 persone|
Please choose the location of the wine experience:
The name 'ancestral method' takes us back in time, because it is even older than the Metodo Classico. It was originally used in the Champagne region, but the roots of this tradition can be traced back to the "Blanquette de Limoux AOC" (a designation similar to the Italian DOCG) in France.
It was also quite widespread in Italy in various regions, simply called spumante 'col fondo' (with bottom)!
Our tasting will cover different topics:
- origins and history
- the natural production process
- organoleptic profile
- tasting of 4 pet-nats from Alto Adige to Sicily